Alumni play an active role in the College of Environment and Design and Historic Preservation
program. Discover ways that you can stay connected with other MHP alumni, the program,
and the CED below:
How can alumni give back to CED and MHP?
- Donate to the MHP support fund here. This fund enables us to offer opportunities outside of the classroom or studio including guest lectures, student travel, and conference support. For more information on ways to make a donation to the MHP program, contact Jennifer Messer, Director of Development at (706) 542-4727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To share internship opportunities or information about job openings, email UGAHP@uga.edu.
- If you would like to share your knowledge about working in the field of historic preservation with our students, contact Professor James Reap at email@example.com to discuss your interest.
How can alumni volunteer their time or services to help the MHP program?
- The MHP program and CED are always looking for new opportunities to engage our students with the professional preservation community. The Center for Community Design and Preservation offers opportunities for students to engage with real-world preservation projects. If you have a project that you think would be beneficial to students of the MHP program, please contact Jennifer Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how your opportunity could be incorporated for service learning.
- If you have any other questions or ideas about volunteering with the MHP program, contact us atUGAHP@uga.edu.
- Alumni of the UGA MHP program have gone on to have successful careers with a variety of organizations including the National Trust of Great Britain and the United States, the National Park Service, various state historic preservation offices, regional planning agencies, county and city governments, local and statewide non-profit organizations, local Main Street programs, museums, and many other careers in the preservation field. If you’d like more information about the career achievements of MHP alumni, we encourage you to sign up for the MHP bi-annual newsletter. The newsletter’s “Alumni News” section contains all the updates we receive about the careers of our former students. To sign up for the newsletter, please email us atUGAHP@uga.edu.
Students and Faculty
- For the most up-to-date news about the accomplishments of MHP faculty and students please subscribe to the UGA MHP Alumni newsletter by emailing us atUGAHP@uga.edu with your name and email information.
- If you’d like to become a member of the CED Alumni Association, please email Jennifer Messer at email@example.com. The CED Alumni Association can keep you informed regarding upcoming alumni events and projects. We encourage you to attend the alumni events, such as the Annual Alumni Weekend held every spring, to catch up with old CED friends.
- For more information about CED Alumni Events please visit the Alumni Events page. Social media is also a wonderful way to stay in touch with former MHPs. Like the CED Facebook page and join the UGA MHP LinkedIn group.