Required core classes
Students are required to take a minimum of 18 credit hours to earn the Environmental Ethics Certificate. See the Requirements and Guidelines page for more details. The certificate consists of the following components:
- Environmental Ethics Anchor (EETH/PHIL 4220/6220 or EETH/PHIL 4250/6250) (3 credit hours)
- Ecological Anchor (LAND 2310/6310 or FNRS 3200 or ECOL 6080) ( 3-4 credit hours)
- Environmental Ethics Seminar (EETH 4000/6000, 1 credit hour)
- Capstone Independent Research Project (EETH 4010/8010) (3 credit hours)
- Certificate Electives (7-8+ credit hours)
Students may apply for a substitution for any of the requirements on their checklist. All substitutions must meet the spirit of the requirement and must have a sustainability focus.