Job Title: ASSOCIATE PROFESSORCurriculum Vitae
Street address: 145 Jackson Street Building
Personal InterestsUrban design, international planning, architecture
Biographical InformationMy background includes professional and academic experience in four allied disciplines that shape our built environment – architecture, landscape architecture, urban design and historic preservation. Prior to teaching at the University of Georgia, I worked for over twelve years at design firms in the United States and India.
EducationMLA from the University of Georgia
BArch from Mumbai University
Specific Research Interest
Indian urbanization, water in urban design, graphic representation.
• Veneration of Water as Determinant of Riverfront Spatial Form. Poznan University of
• Planning for Health Amelioration: Analyzing Mumbai’s Urbanization Patterns ICUPRD Conference, Vienna, Austria.
• (Re)Discovering Lost Connections: Restoring the Relationship between City and Water. CELA-ISOMUL Conference, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
• Safeguarding the Sacred Ghats of Varanasi: Preservation and Conservation Strategies. UNESCO-ICCROM Conference, Macau.
• Sacralizing the Water’s Edge: The Landscape of the Ghats at Varanasi. IFLA Conference, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands.
Honors and awards
• Research Travel Award, UGA President’s Venture Fund
• Outstanding Teacher Award, College of Environment and Design
• Outstanding Faculty Award, College of Environment and Design Alumni Association
• Award for Excellence in Research & Creative Works, Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture
• Best Paper Award, UNESCO-ICCROM Conference
• Writing Fellowship, UGA Center for Teaching and Learning