Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
What Can I Do with a landscape architecture degree?
Landscape architects design the spaces that define a community. By planning parks, campuses, trails, and plazas as well as residential and commercial developments, landscape architects meet the needs and goals of a community while promoting sustainability, resiliency, and artistry.
Landscape architecture involves the design, planning, and management of land - the cross section of art and science. If tackling problems like these intrigues you, perhaps seeking a degree in landscape architecture is the path for you.
Our BLA program focuses on:
- Design (art, fundamental design skills)
- Creativity (innovation, thinking outside the box, problem solving)
- Site design (from small backyards to expansive urban projects)
- Historic preservation
- Water resources, grading, and drainage
- Horticulture (plants!)
- Ecology and sustainability
- Studies in the humanities (psychology, sociology, anthropology)
bla students visit the us virgin islands, spring 2020
Apply to become part of the BLA major.
Request a BLA Package for more information on UGA, our BLA, and more.
Learn about BLA tuition and fees.
Gear up with a laptop with required specifications to run design programs. See the CED spec sheets.
Take a class online.
Be an Honors student.